Procedure for Obtaining a Permit
- Applicant completes the application with number of people and hours of dance.
- Permits and Licenses Office reviews application and sends the applicant to the Police Department.
- Police Department indicates the number of security guards and hours that guards must be at the location of the dance.
- Applicant returns to the Permits and Licenses Office and receives a list of licensed security guards.
- Applicant can pick any off the list unless otherwise stated in their contract with the hall.
- Applicant returns to the Permits and Licenses Office with a security guard contract for the number and hours required by the Police Department.
- A receipt is prepared with the number of guards, number of guests, and hours as indicated by the Police Department, and the receipt is processed through the register.
- A copy of the dance permit application and receipt is given to the applicant, and a copy is filed by the Permits and Licenses Office.
The Dance Permit application is provided below and is also available for pick up at the Permits and Licenses Office located in City Hall, Room 101, 1700 W. 162nd Street, Gardena, CA 90247. Business License staff may be contacted for additional information at (310) 217-6191 or by e-mail to email@example.com.