PUBLIC SERVICE GOAL: To enhance the quality of public services by providing resources and technical assistance to all City Departments that facilitate organizational efficiency and workforce excellence.
- To facilitate inter-departmental operations that increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- To provide assistance in the selection and purchase of goods and services.
- To ensure compliance with federal, state and City regulations in general operations.
- To ensure fiscal resources are available when needed and used within budgetary appropriations.
- To account for all revenues received and disbursed according to generally acceptable accounting procedures for public funds.
- To establish budgets and prepare reports based on City Council adopted fiscal policies.
- To recruit, select, and train City employees that are best qualified to do the jobs needed.
- To provide benefits and services to support employees and their families.
- To maintain professional working relationships with the City’s labor organizations.
- To ensure technology resources are appropriately matched to organization needs.
- To purchase and maintain computers and related technologies within budget.
- To format and publish printed, web-based and government access channel communications.
- To provide training and support to employees and departments to maximize the use of technology for greater operational efficiency throughout the organization.